The Graduate Center is the umbrella of interdisciplinary activities at the University of Hildesheim regarding the support of young researchers. The center supports doctoral candidates and researchers at an early stage in their careers. Here you can get all the information about doctorates, habilitation and junior professorships. Furthermore, it provides a comprehensive qualification program and supports with an individual counselling. The center cooperates with the International Office of the University of Hildesheim to support international doctoral candidates:
International Office - Information for International Doctorate Candidates
The International Office would like to support international doctoral candidates in their studies at the University of Hildesheim and offers a comprehensive service:
- help in searching for accommodation
- participation in the introductory week for international programme students
- participation in offers contained in the semester programme
- the language course offer made by the International Office
- network meetings of the international doctoral candidates at the University of Hildesheim
- provision of a language tandem
- loan of media
- advice, pastoral care and integration
German as a second, foreign, new ... scientific language - Project DAWID
At the University of Hildesheim, the project DAWID started in January 2021. It is a cooperation between the deans of studies of all departments, the Graduate Center, the International Office, the Institute for Intercultural Communication, the Institute for German Language and Literature and the Reading and Writing Center. The project is financed by central study quality funds.
The goal of the project is to initiate a permanent structure to support international students in the field of German, especially German as a foreign academic language in all phases of their studies. In this respect, the project is also aimed at international graduate students. The project comprises a total of six offerings. Of particular interest to international graduate students may be the proofreading counseling and the language learning counseling:
- In the proofreading counseling (verlinken: https://dawid.blog.uni-hildesheim.de/angebote/korrekturberatung/) we support you in correcting the linguistic composition of the text. To do this, we discuss with you the grammar and expression in your text.
- In the language learning counseling (verlinken: https://dawid.blog.uni-hildesheim.de/angebote/sprachlernberatung/) we support you in discovering your own resources in order to achieve your learning goals with regard to the German academic language.
Website: More information on the project website [LINK]
Contact:Telephone: +49 5121 883 30142
email contact form
Room: LN 217 - Neubau Bühler-Campus
Consultation time: Fr, 14 - 15 Uhr, Anmeldung im Learnweb „Sprechstunde Mutabazi“.
Homepage: https://www.uni-hildesheim.de/fr/fb3/institute/idsl/mitglieder/mutabazi/ Homepage