Autumn School for Information Retrieval and Information Foraging 2016
Overview lectures on Advanced topics in Information Retrieval and Information Foraging.
2. – 8. October 2016
at the Leibniz Center for Informatics Schloss Dagstuhl - www.dagstuhl.de
The Autumn School for Information Retrieval and Information Foraging 2016 (ASIRF) will continue to provide opportunies to learn about the the latest developments in the area of Information Retrieval Models, Systems, Evaluation, as well as about Information Iteraction and Human Information Foraging Behaviour.
The following topics will be presented at the autumn school:
- Basics of Weighting and Ranking (Thomas Mandl)
- Advanced IR Models (Ingo Frommholz)
- Evaluation 1 (Thomas Mandl)
- Advanced Weighting: (Ingo Frommholz)
- Interactive Experiments, Interaction in IR Systems (Thomas Mandl)
- Modelling costs and benefits of interactions (Leif Azzopardi)
- Expert Search (Andreas Henrich)
- Collaborative Information Seeking (Stefanie Elbeshausen)
- Modelling Interactive IR (Norbert Fuhr)
How to register
The cost for university members is now 650 €. All attendants will be accomodated in double or single rooms on the premises. Student grants including travel support have already been provided to students. All notifications have been sent out.
Contact the organisers for late registration.
The school stands in the tradition of the German "Herbstschule Information Retrieval" and the Summer School Information Foraging organized by Radboud University Nijmegen. More information can be found in last years program and in the ASIRF group on facebook.
Prof. Thomas Mandl & Dr. Ben Heuwing
Universität Hildesheim, Germany
asirf att uni - hildesheim dott de
Dr. Ingo Frommholz
University of Bedfordshire, UK