Welcome to the TRANSLANG project!

Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in studying at the University of Hildesheim. With this information, the TRANSLANG team would like to support you and accompany you on your way to the University of Hildesheim.

The teacher training programme at the University of Hildesheim offers many interesting lectures and seminars for international students. We offer courses mostly in German and English. Some courses are in Spanish.


Application information for international students

Application procedure for students from Italy and the Czech Republic

Teacher training students of our European partner universities (FU Bozen and Masaryk University) will find all the necessary information for an Erasmus stay at the University of Hildesheim on the pages of the International Office.

Application procedure and application documents for students from Egypt and Mexico

For teacher training students of our partner universities UAEMex (Mexico) and Ain Shams (Egypt), the following steps apply to the application on a TRANSLANG scholarship:

  1. Look for an announcement from your university about TRANSLANG scholarships.
  2. Apply to your university with all the necessary documents by the stated application deadline.
  3. After the deadline, your university will review the documents and forward the applications to us.
  4. After our final evaluation of the applications, we will contact the applicants with an acceptance or rejection. If you are accepted, we will let you know what happens next.

The application documents include...

  • a completed application form,
  • a letter of motivation,
  • a certificate of enrolment,
  • a language certificate or, if applicable, a proof of your (non-university, social/intercultural) commitment.

All incoming students should speak German at least at B1 level or English at least at B2 level.

Information on the coronavirus pandemic

General information

International students who have been vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine that is not licensed in the EU must present a negative test in order to attend a German university in presence. In addition, the STIKO (Standing Committee on Vaccination) recommends that these students receive a new series of vaccinations with an approved vaccine (this information can be found on page 8).

Further relevant information for international students and applicants can be found here.
Multilingual information and practical tips on the corona virus in various languages can be found on these pages.


Studying during the Corona Pandemic at the University of Hildesheim

As the situation is changing daily, we kindly ask you to inform yourself about the latest developments on the Corona-Info website of the University of Hildesheim.


Vaccination against the Corona virus in Hildesheim

All persons with a valid residence status in Germany can receive a free COVID-19 vaccination. This also applies to international students.

If you have been vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson (Jannssen-Cilag), a second vaccination with one of the vaccines listed on the website of the Paul Ehrlich Institute has been necessary since 15 January 2022.
Since 1 February 2022, the EU vaccination certificate without booster vaccination loses its validity after 270 days, or 9 months after the basic vaccination.

The TRANSLANG team and the International Office cannot accompany you to the vaccination appointments.

Courses in German, English and Spanish

The courses currently offered in German can be found on the pages linked here.
Here you will find the courses currently offered in English.

Here you will find some classes offered in Spanish.