TRANSLANG – Translanguaging in the international teacher training
Since January/June 2021, the University of Hildesheim participates in the program Lehramt.International of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The project 'TRANSLANG - Translanguaging in the international teacher training' is one of 19 model projects in Germany.
The aim of TRANSLANG is to:
- anchor the topic of multilingualism and translanguaging in the teacher training programs of the German and partner universities
- expand the network with teacher training locations abroad
- promote "internationalization at home" in order to enhance the intercultural competencies of students and to enable teachers to make their intercultural expertise accessible to others
- improve teaching-related internationalization and make it more visible
- increase the international mobility of teacher training students.
Kickoff meeting with the international partners
On July 15, the TRANSLANG team from Hildesheim met with its cooperation partners in a kickoff meeting. Together with our colleagues and partners from Egypt, Italy, Mexico and the Czech Republic we discussed the first steps of the project and exchanged information about the current situation at the partner universities during the ongoing pandemic.
This project is funded by the DAAD (funding program 'Lehramt.International') with funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
It has a duration from 01.01.2021 to 31.12.2024.