[Translate to englisch:]
Studying in Hildesheim, Holzminden and Göttingen – University of Hildesheim and HAWK
Here you can find the presentation of the Information Session on 07.04.2022 in German | English | Ukrainian.
20 Erasmus+ Scholarships for Ukrainian Students
As Exchange student at the University of Hildesheim you can:
- Study 1-2 semesters,
- Take courses, exams and get ECTS
- Take German and English courses during the semester and the Erasmus+ Online Linguistic Support (OLS),
- Get access to our service offers (library, university sport, semester ticket, …),
- Prepare for studying a degree and adapt to the German Higher Education System.
The Scholarship includes the following benefits:
- A scholarship of 1.100,00€ per month for May-September (evtl. starting from the day of attendance in April) with the option of a one-time extension (October – March),
- Evtl. a Top Up for students with chronical diseases or disabilities,
- Counselling and supporting program.
Who is eligible?
- Students enrolled in a recognized Ukrainian Higher Education Institution if they flee Ukraine due to the Russian attack.
- A proof is mandatory, e.g. enrolment certificate, Transcript of Records, confirmation of the Home University or Ukrainian authorities.
- Students, who studied a program in the Ukraine which is also offered by the University of Hildesheim.
- Students who have German skills on C1 level CEFR or English skills on B2 level CEFR.
- Check our study program offer (in German on our website or English/Ukrainian in the pdf presentation) and apply if you find a similar program to what you have been studying so far in Ukraine.
- For the application, assemble your documents, e.g. your study and language certificates, your higher education entrance certificate, your proofs of social commitment/volunteering before starting the online application.
- Fill out the online application carefully (time approx. 30-60 minutes).
- If you already registered in Germany as refugee and if you entitled to social benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act the scholarship will count towards the social benefits.
- In the summer term, lectures start on 18.04.2022. You should be able to start studying on short notice, the latest on 02.05.2022. A later start in the summer term is not possible.
- The lectures take place on Campus at the University of Hildesheim. An online participation is not possible.
- As exchange student you will need to pay a semester contribution (approx. 350€ per semester) and a student health insurance (approx. 130€ per month).
- For receiving the Erasmus+ Scholarship you need a German bank account (evtl. you will need to pay fees for opening an account).
- As exchange student, we can assist you finding accommodation in Hildesheim. A room in a shared flat or a student residence costs approx.. 350-450€ per month.
- As Erasmus+ Scholar your will need to hand in documents and forms on a regular base before, during and after your mobility. Your diligent cooperation is required.
- As exchange student you can not graduate from the University of Hildesheim. A transfer and recognition from your academic achievements as exchange student towards a later enrolment as degree seeking student has to be discussed at a later stage with the program coordinator and might be possible on request. We can not give any further details at the moment. With this program we want you to adapt and prepare for studying a degree at the University of Hildesheim.
- Completed application form in due times,
- Further advanced students haven in general priority for students in lower semesters,
- Consideration of taking one or more child(ren) with you,
- Consideration of students with disabilities or chronical diseases,
- Consideration of other hardship/special circumstances,
- Consideration of social commitment or volunteering e.g. Buddy, ESN or other.
- Online via the application form with the required documents:
- Proof of studies from Ukraine, e.g. enrolement certificate, Transcript of Records, Proof of the Home University or any authority from Ukraine
- German language proof B1 CEFR or English B2 CEFR, e.g. certificate like Telc or TestDaF, a School or Study proof
- If applicable, further documents e.g. proof severe disability
- 21.04.2022 23.59 o’clock
The University of Hildesheim, the ‘Volkshochschule’ and the University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HAWK) offer for higher qualified refugees intensive German language courses. Courses are designed to help international students develop their German and academic study skills in preparation for degree programs at the University of Hildesheim. At the end of the course, participants will take the TestDaF exam (or equivalent).
The follwoing courses will be offered
- ONLINE Intensivkurs B2.1/B2.2/C1.1/TestDaF-Vorbereitung (HAWK) from June 07th
⇒ course description the application ends on May 13th
The courses are financed by 'Niedersächsischen Ministeriums für Wissenschaft und Kultur' and the program "Integration von Flüchtlingen ins Fachstudium" (Integra) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Please contact Mrs. Pulm for more information.
Interested refugee students can apply to study at the University of Hildesheim.
As a university with an innovative academic profile, we focus on selected academic areas of educational sciences and cultural studies. The range of subjects is organised in four departments: Education and Social Sciences, Cultural Studies and Aesthetic Communication, Language and Information Sciences, and Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Economics and Computer Science. You can find our study programmes here.
Teachers who have earned their degree abroad also complete their adaptation course at the University of Hildesheim. If you pass the adaptation course successfully, you can then work as a teacher in Germany.
Would you like to study at the University of Hildesheim? You can find information on the admission requirements and the application procedure here. We will be happy to advise you if you have any questions!
The University of Hildesheim offers refugees who would like to study the possibility to attend lectures and seminars. As a guest auditor you can even attend a German language and a study preparation course.
Becoming guest auditor at the University of Hildesheim will help you to find out which study program is of interest for you and you can even get credits awarded if you enroll for a regular program later.
- until 1st April 2021 registration for the guest auditor program summer semester
- 12.04.2021 Beginning of the lecture period
- 1st October 2020: registration for the guest auditor program winter semester
- 16.10.2020: Beginning of the lecture period
People interessted in becoming guest auditor please contact Mrs. Pulm.
The University of Hildesheim receives foreign academics who are threatened by war or persecution in their home countries as part of the Philipp Schwartz Initiative. In the past, several persecuted academics have been accepted at the University of Hildesheim for two years.
The contact to the foreign academics is usually established by professors and researchers of the University of Hildesheim, who supervise the foreign academics during their stay in Hildesheim. The University of Hildesheim would like to offer persecuted academics a new perspective and supports the funded academics on site, e.g. with German courses, mentoring and career advice.
People interested in the Philipp Schartz Initiative can contact Anna Pulm (E-Mail Kontaktformular). Detailed information can be found on the website of the Philipp Schwartz Initiative (link https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/entdecken/newsroom/dossier-philipp-schwartz-initiative).
The University of Hildesheim has already successfully nominated students and doctoral students at risk for the DAAD Hilde Domin Programme. The programme supports students at risk across the world as well as doctoral candidates who are formally or de facto denied the right to education in their country of origin to take up or continue their studies in Germany.
The sponsored students receive a scholarship that covers their study or research stay and they also take part in an interdisciplinary social science accompanying programme.
Endangered and persecuted students or doctoral candidates can contact Anna Pulm (E-Mail). Here you can find further information on the Hilde Domin Programme (https://www.daad.de/de/der-daad/was-wir-tun/entwicklungszusammenarbeit/foerderprogramme-fuer-studierende-von-a-z/hilde-domin-programm/).
Contact: (Beratung internationaler Vollzeitstudierender (Incomings))Telephone: +49 5121 883 92012
Fax: +49 52121 883 92013
email contact form
Room: N 252 - Forum - Hauptcampus
Consultation time: Sprechstunde: Di und Do 10-12 Uhr (digital in BBB oder in Präsenz) - Nur nach Anmeldung in der Learnwebgruppe "Incomings"