Before leaving home

Before leaving home, you should make sure you have the following papers and bring them with you:

  • A valid passport or ID card
  • 2 copies of your passport or ID card

  • Insurance Card

    To study at a German university, it is absolutely necessary for you to present valid proof that you have statutory health insurance. If you are covered under EU regulations, please make sure you bring your international health insurance card with you. If you can provide proof of this kind, you have sufficient health insurance in Germany. Students from Turkey are sufficiently insured with the A/T 11 document.

    If you come from a country which is not part of the EU social insurance agreement, you should take out statutory health insurance for your study visit in Germany. If you are older than 30 years, there is a special provision.