Certificate for Intercultural Communication and Competence (CICC)
The Certificate for Intercultural Communication and Competence (CICC) is an extra-curricular offer directed at all students and PhD students of the University of Hildesheim. The certificate recognises the reflection of experiences and commitment in the field of intercultural communication, which is one of the central prerequisites for the development of intercultural competence. The CICC is based on the proof of accomplishments which are achieved within the period of study.
The CICC is made up of three components, and is successfully completed when at least 100% are reached:
Intercultural experiences: The intercultural experience to be proven for the CICC can be gained through study-related stays abroad or in language courses in Germany and abroad.
- Study abroad of at least 3 months duration (50%)
- Internship abroad of at least 2 months duration (50%)
- Participation in the Sprachlernprojekt für geflüchtete Kinder und Jugendliche (30%)
- Participation in the International Writing Partnerships (ISP) for 1 semester (15%)
- Participation in the language tandem for 1 semester (15%)
- Language course abroad (20-30h = 15%)
- Language course in Germany (20-30h = 10%)
- Comparable experience after consultation with the person responsible for certificates
Intercultural reflection: The reflection of experiences and commitment is again carried out in the intercultural training modules offered by the International Office within the framework of the interdisciplinary key competencies.
- Participation in at least one 2-dayintercultural workshop or alternatively in four events of the intercultural short series (25%)
- Preparation of a portfolio for intercultural self-reflection (PiKK). The Portfolio of Intercultural Communication and Competence (PICC) consists of four parts and is ideally written during the stay abroad (study / internship), but can also be written afterwards. (25%)
- Comparable competences after consultation with the persons responsible for the certificate
Intercultural commitment: Intercultural commitment means being involved in the mentoring of international students, participating in internationally or interculturally oriented student initiatives or introducing the University of Hildesheim to a partner university during a semester abroad.
- Participation in Erasmus Student Network (ESN-Hildesheim) for 1 semester (max. 20%)
- Participation as Peer Tutor at go for IQ for 1 semester (max. 30%)
- Mentoring in the Buddy Program for 1 semester (25%)
- Participation in the project DAWID (25%)
- Participation in the Go Out Day and/or information events of the International Office (10%)
- Presentation of the University of Hildesheim at the host university abroad (10%)
- Blog on experiences abroad for publication on the International Office website (10%)
- Comparable forms of commitment after consultation with the certificate authorities
If you have general questions about the CICC or would like to register to the CICC Learnweb course, please come to our virtual consulting hour each Wednesday from 12:30 - 13:30 p.m. in BBB https://bbb.uni-hildesheim.de/b/car-0by-005-nwg or write us to: intkult(at)uni-hildesheim.de with subject "CICC"