Corona FAQ: Information for international prospective students concerning the application for the WiSe 2020/21

Sie interessieren sich für ein Studium an der Universität Hildesheim und möchten sich zum Wintersemster 2020/21 bewerben?

Are you interested in studying at the University of Hildesheim and would like to apply for the winter semester 2020/21?
On this page you will find current information for international prospective students and adaptations for the application procedure for the winter semester 2020/21 due to the effects of the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. We hope that these information and adaptations will help you in your application for a study place. We are looking forward to your application!

This FAQ list is constantly updated and does not claim to be complete. Please understand that we cannot provide an answer to every question at this point and that some things are still being clarified. Please also note the following information:

Do you have further questions? Then use our online consultation hour.


FAQ concerning the application for the winter semester 2020/21

Are there changed application deadlines for the winter semester 2020/21?

You will find information on the application deadlines in the tab "Current application procedures":

You missed the deadline? Here you will also find information on extensions or drawing lots.

We recommend that you apply early so that you have enough time for further steps such as enrolment, visa & entry or apartment search.

When does the winter semester 2020/21 start?

The winter semester usually starts on 1 October and ends on 31 March. At the beginning of the semester there are introductory days and preliminary courses.

The start of the lecture period in the winter semester 2020/21 is planned for 19.10.2020.

In case these times change, we will inform you immediately on our website.

Which language certificate do I need to study at the University of Hildesheim?

Instead of a C1 certificate, you need a B2 certificate of participation for the current application procedure. You must then submit one of the following C1 certificates by the end of the winter semester 2020/21, deadline 31.03.2021:

    TestDaF 4x4
    DSH 2
    DSD Stufe II
    Telc C1 Hochschule
    Goethe C2

This regulation applies to all Bachelor's and the majority of Master's programmes. For the following Master's programmes you must still submit one of the C1 certificates mentioned above:

    Master's Degree in Psychology
    Master in Social and Organizational Pedagogy
    Master in Environment, Nature Conservation and Sustainability Education

Make sure you allow sufficient time for the German language acquisition and language test. Once the winter semester has begun, you will hardly have time to prepare for a language test.

If you cannot submit a certified copy of your language certificate to the Admissions Office by 31.03.2021, you will be exmatriculated.

Therefore, we recommend that you register immediately for a German course and exam. In the period June - September there are some great offers - whether digitally from home or in presence form in Hildesheim. Register now:

In which way can I submit my application documents?

You do not have to submit certified copies for the application for the winter semester 2020/21.

You can easily create your application online via our online portal My uni-assist.

You can find more information in the uni-assist FAQ.

Do I have to send my application by post?

No, postal delivery is not necessary.

You can easily create your application online via our online portal My uni-assist.

You can find more information in the uni-assist FAQ.

Will the admission tests at the "Studienkolleg" take place?

At the Niedersächsisches Studienkolleg an admission test takes place in the winter semester. However, we do not know yet how and when this will take place.

All applicants* who first have to attend a Studienkolleg will be registered by the University of Hildesheim for the next possible admission test and will then receive further information.

In which form do qualifying examinations (Eignungsprüfung) take place at the University of Hildesheim?

The qualifying examinations at the University of Hildesheim take place in a modified form. More detailed information can be found here.

For the qualifying examination for sports you have to upload a "self-declaration of swimming fitness" (Eigenerklärung über die Schwimmtauglichkeit) as well as your "health suitability"  (gesundheitliche Eignung) (proven by a medical certificate) in German or English on the uni-assist portal.


How will the admission period (Anpassungslehrgang) take place?

The application for the adaptation period continues to be made on paper as an informal written application. BUT: Certified copies are not required. The language certificate must be at level C1; if the subject German is to be studied, even at level C2.

I want to study the Bachelor of Science in Psychology. When do I have to apply? What do I have to consider?

The application for the Bachelor of Science Psychology is possible from 01.07. - 20.08.2020

The B.Sc. Psychology participates in the dialogue-oriented service procedure (Dialogorientierten Serviceverfahren) DoSV. This means that you have to indicate your BID and BAN when applying in the uni-assist portal. Here you will find instructions for the further procedure:

The start of lectures can be delayed by a few days or weeks. The winter semester 2020/21 normally starts on 01.10.2020, the general introductory week on 19.10.2020 and the lecture period on 26.10.2020. When the lectures in psychology will start will be announced.

What are the particularities when applying for a Master's programme place in Department IV?

For the Master's programmes Angewandte Informatik  (Applied Computer Science), IMIT, Wirtschaftsinformatik (Business Informatics), Data Analytics: current information on application can be found on the homepage. If you have any questions regarding application, please contact the department directly.

Can I postpone my study place until the summer semester 2021?

No, a postponement is not possible. You can either accept the place or not. You can also cancel an accepted place within the deadline, for example, if you cannot enter the country due to travel regulations. You must submit a a renunciation of your study place. If you want to start your studies in a later semester you must reapply.

Enrollment: Is an exemption from the semester ticket possible?

No, unfortunately not.

Enrollment: Is an exemption from the health insurance possible?

No, unfortunately not.

Where can I find more information about starting my studies in the Corona period?