Contact:email contact form
Room: Con. 1006, Domäne 1. OG
Consultation time: Sprechstunde: nach Vereinbarung per Mail
Homepage: https://www.uni-hildesheim.de/en/fb2/institute/philosophie/team/dr-yoko-arisaka/ Homepage
Fields of work:
- Department of Philosophy [Project Staff - DFG Reinhart Koselleck-Projekt "Geschichte der Philosophie in globaler Perspektive"]
Yoko Arisaka was born in Japan but moved to the United States when she was 18. She has received her Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of California, Riverside (1996). She was Associate Professor of Philosophy in the Philosophy Department and Graduate Faculty at the Center for the Pacific Rim (now Center for Asia Pacific Studies) at the University of San Francisco (1996-2007). During Fall 1997 she was a CNRS research associate at the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales in Paris. Since 2005 she lives in Hannover, Germany. She has been a Fellow at the Forschungsinstitut für Philosopohie Hannover (2009-11) and is currently an adjunct faculty at the Institute of Philosophy at the University of Hildesheim, Germany.
Fields of Research
- Political philosophy
- Philosophy of race and gender issues
- Modern Japanese philosophy
- Philosophy of technology
- Prophetischer Pragmatismus: Eine Einführung in das Denken von Cornel West, (With an interview with Cornel West and Eduardo Mendieta), by Jürgen Manemann, Yoko Arisaka, Volker Drell, Anna Maria Hauk. Fink Verlag: 2012.
- Kitaro Nishida in der Philosophie des 20. Jahrhunderts. Rolf Elberfeld and Yoko Arisaka, eds. Alber Verlag: 2014.