UNESCO Chair "Cultural Policy for the Arts in Development"
The UNESCO Chair "Cultural Policy for the Arts in Development" is located at the Department of Cultural Policy at the University of Hildesheim and is headed by Prof. Dr. Julius Heinicke.
After a successful start in 2012, the UNESCO Chair was reaccredited again by UNESCO and the follow-up concept for the third phase from 2020 to 2024 was established. The chair deals with cultural policy issues and challenges of increasingly diverse societies, linking thematic fields of foreign and domestic cultural policy.
Against this background, five thematic clusters are the focus of current teaching and research activities:
- Artistic interventions and processes of transformation
- Creative capabilities of civil society for enlarging local engagement and global diplomacy
- Protection and promotion of artistic freedom and persecuted artists
- Art, culture and sustainable development
- Encouraging cultural diversity and solidarity