The corona pandemic also poses great challenges for us as the University of Hildesheim Foundation (SUH). Maintaining courses with as little direct contact as possible between teachers and students requires concerted and joint action by all participants. At the same time, there is an opportunity to shape and further develop the digital change in teaching and learning at the University of Hildesheim Foundation.
As a project team "E-Learning 2020" we support the teaching staff at the University of Hildesheim Foundation in the planning and implementation of e-learning events in the summer semester 2020.
Use this page as the central source of information on e-learning at the SUH. Here you will find the latest information and support offers. This page is continuously updated and supplemented.
Please direct all questions, requests and information about e-learning and the virtual university to e-learning2020(at)uni-hildesheim.de
We would like to help you specifically and precisely. We will therefore start a survey shortly. In this we ask you to state your specific needs for technical solutions and what support you have with regards to e-learning. We also ask you for information about already planned or existing offers.
- Video chat: The projectteam continues to work intensely on options for adio- and videoconferencing. We expect to have the first options available soon. Please check this page for any updates.
- Lecture recordings: Recordings of lectures can be made available via the Learnweb. We prepare suitable software solutions and will put together a UB support team that will assist you in the creation of recordings and screencasts.
- Learnweb: Lecture and seminar material can still be provided in the learn management system. In addition, the Learnweb contains tools for interactions between teachers and students, such as forums. The University Library’s support team supports you with all questions regarding the Learnweb.
- Use the electronic resources of the University’s Library. You can find more detailed information here. The Library will continuously blog about e-learning and e-resources. In addition, the University’s Library is trying to extend the existing services. The Library’s acquisition team is still there for you. Please direct any suggestions and requests for the procurement of e‑resources to erwerb (at) uni-hildesheim.de
- A VPN connection is required to access e-resources from outside the university.
- Printed resources: Teaching staff can continue to order scans of titles from the university library and then make them available to their students via the Learnweb. To do this, use the scan service form.
The project team E-Learning 2020 checks in what form and to what extent exams can also be carried out electronically. If you have specific requirements, please contact our team at e‑learning2020 (at) uni-hildesheim.de
- A comprehensive collection of links on online teaching can be found on the website of the Hochschulforum Digitalisierung
- In addition, we are working on support offers that are specifically tailored to the needs of our university
In the project team "E-Learning 2020", institutions, groups and individuals from the University of Hildesheim Foundation are committed to maintaining teaching as much as possible in times of the corona pandemic.
- Vice President for Studies, Teaching, Student Affairs and Digitization
- University Library
- Center for Digital Change
- Department for Study Matters