- University of Hildesheim ›
- Center for Diversity, Democracy and Inclusion in Education ›
- Transfer ›
- Migration Lab Germany ›
- Workshop June 17th - 18th, 2021
Workshop June 17th - 18th, 2021
From June 17-18, 2021, the first workshop of "Migration Lab Germany" took place online. The 30 participants were welcomed by the President of the University of Hildesheim, Prof. May-Britt Kallenrode, and the President of the Federal Agency for Civic Education, Thomas Krüger. With the participating 15 partner organizations and top-class lecturers, a framework for knowledge transfer, exchange and the development of model projects on the topic of migration and flight was created. The scientists introduced the topic and presented the different theoretical perspectives on education in the migration society.
The partner organizations from the educational and cultural sector represent the institutions school, memorial, museum, theater and civil society initiatives. The project ideas presented range from the digitization of a photo exhibition by and about teachers with migration histories in Hamburg, to an online module for anti-discrimination workshops, a collection of migration stories by students in Berlin's Reuterkiez neighborhood, and a city tour from the perspective of immigrants.
The US NGO Re-Imagining Migration with professors from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and the University of Massachusetts presented their web portal and their educational approaches.
Panel: “Migrationsgeschichte(n) erzählen: Einsichten, Ansichten, Aussichten”
- Prof. Dr. Iman Attia, Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin (19:30 min.)
- Prof. Dr. Jannis Panagiotidis, Universität Wien (15:00 min.)
- Diskussion: Prof. Dr. Iman Attia, Prof. Dr. Jannis Panagiotidis, Moderation: Prof. Dr. Viola Georgi (15:40 min.)
Migration aus unterschiedlichen theoretischen Blickwinkeln: Begriffe und Konzepte
- Prof. Dr. Astrid Messerschmidt, Bergische Universität Wuppertal
Postnazistische Perspektiven (13:30 min.)
- Prof. Dr. Paul Mecheril Universität Bielefeld
Migrationsgesellschaftliche Perspektive (14:30 min.)
- Prof. Dr. Maria Do Mar Castro Varela, Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Naika Foroutan, BIM, DeZIM, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Postmigrantische Perspektiven (17:00 min.)
- Diskussion der theoretischen Blickwinkel: Prof. Dr. Astrid Messerschmidt, Prof. Dr. Paul Mecheril, Prof. Dr. Maria do Mar Castro Varela, Prof. Dr. Naika Foroutan, Moderation: Prof. Dr. Viola B. Georgi
This project is funded by: